Thursday, July 19, 2007

The night before

This is more of a test than anything else. Tomorrow morning at 8am we will be piling into our hire car (a Getz, white, nothing too flash or solid, here's hoping holiday traffic isn't too aggressive) and heading off to Sydney. Our flight is at 14.20 tomorrow afternoon. I confirmed it today. She asked if I had any special dietary requirements. I wanted to say, 'I only like edible food,' but she probably wouldn't have understood. Tonight we had our last supper in our favourite Italian restaurant. My mum started to cry when she hugged me goodbye, and that almost set me off. But I feel okay now. It is still unreal, hard to imagine what we've got ourselves in for. That's another part of the adventure.

This is a picture of our storage room in the house.

1 comment:

Megs said...

Ummmm Dot and Toby, can you please come home now :(