Sunday, August 12, 2007

First show experience

So off we go to our first comedy show, started off the night in a court yard, moved into a nice little wine bar, and had a lovely glass of wine. We then went to the show and it was very funny, but very hot in the venue. Got even hotter with time, the comedian started talking about his colonoscopy (for some reason some random medical procedures talk I don’t cope well with, add heat to the mix I’m going to get light headed). Up I get in the middle of the show to get some air and water, get heckled on the way and almost pass out in the toilet; a smart person would have stayed out. I go back in get heckled again, realise I’m not going to make it try to leave collapse twice, interrupted the show, a few people came out with me because of the heat, the reviewer of the show left when I left (I’m feeling terrible by this stage) and lie down in the foyer and eventually walk to the train home. So not the best start to the Edinburgh fringe festival and I don’t feel like I can go to that venue again (luckily there are hundreds of venues.

The other show we have booked for is the world’s biggest Burlesque club. After we booked it we realised there was a dress code. “Cast off your inhibitions, glam fetish, dandy, vintage, silver screen, lingerie and they reserve the right to refuse admission.” So not sure what we have signed ourselves up for, it goes from 9.00 pm to 4.00am.

The house is very addictive, we have a nice fast unlimited internet connection, 100 TV channels which looks great on our new lcd TV and a nice big space to enjoy it all in. When it is raining we are quite reluctant to leave the house. Luckily we signed up to the gym and we have been spending a decent amount of time there at least every second day.

No comments: